Do you remember the days when CRM first came on the scene? The concept of CRM was a way to monitor sales activity, sales funnels, follow-ups, communications, and support cases. It was the one-stop-shop and seemed to be the solution everyone had been waiting for. It was a way to keep sales reps and sales management on the same page from beginning to end. But, users quickly found out they still had to go into their separate accounting system or their Outlook account to view their customers’ activities, histories, and any other information not found in CRM (Customer Relationship Management).
Because of this inability to get important information in one place, sales reps formed two distinct groups: those who used it “grudgingly” and those who said no way. The result? Inaccurate reports and forecasting, team members at odds with one another, and disappointment in a solution that wasn’t meeting the hype. Ultimately, a stand-alone CRM was a tool that was best left in the technology toolbox.
Gone are the days of using more than one system
Now there is a solution that fully integrates CRM with ERP and allows you to manage your customer information from a consolidated, single location providing users with a 360-degree, real-time view. Sophisticated reporting tools, integrated marketing, automated sales and workflows, Power BI built into role-based and customizable dashboards, access to financials, and improved customer support and service are all value-driven reasons to look at Acumatica CRM as a way to streamline your customer management needs.
Does it make sense for your sales team to call up and sell another product to an existing customer if that customer has a late invoice? What if the late invoice is because their last product shipped was both damaged and wrong? What if the customer was pretty unhappy right now – do you think they’d want to buy something more from you?
One thing I love about a modern ERP system like Acumatica is that it has a place for almost everything your business needs. In many small companies, you have disparate systems like QuickBooks that holds your accounting data, Excel for your list of sales leads, and maybe a great big notebook for inventory. This can make it incredibly hard for one person in your company to understand all facets of how your company interacts with your customers, which can cause problems.
Magical things are happening
I’ve seen magical things happen when your CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system, accounting system, support system, and product delivery system are all on the same platform. Salespeople should see and have access to what customers have bought, where they are on payments, and where your company is at on delivering your products or services to them way after the sale. They should also see any customer support requests. This full visibility to the entire customer cycle is critical to having your team deliver its best to customers, which in turn drives higher customer satisfaction, better business, and potentially more revenue or profitability.
Acumatica has CRM built-in. For those with more robust marketing needs, it ties nicely to things like HubSpot. It handles customer orders, invoicing and payments. It takes care of Accounts Payable, too. With manufacturing inventory models, it can handle the delivery of your products. Service management is not a problem either. And with case support, you can serve your customers after the purchase with whatever service needs they have. Emails and documents are all tracked in the software as well. Most importantly, all of this information is tracked and stored on one single platform that is accessible anytime, anywhere, and on any device.
Integrated ERP and CRM, such as Acumatica CRM, provides users with a positive, user-friendly experience and many other benefits including:
- Consistent, modern look and feel across all applications due to the single user interface (UI)
- Integrated financials, marketing, sales and service
- Complete data sharing between the two systems allowing the customer’s journey to be documented from the beginning to end along with eliminating duplicate data entry tasks
- Employees and customers receive real-time information at the push of a button; service reps can quickly and efficiently provide status, inventory levels, shipments, order history, and more while customers have access to their own Customer Self-Service Portal
- Acumatica CRM Add-In for Microsoft Outlook allows users to track correspondence, add emails to appropriate accounts, support cases, or opportunities and also allows users to create leads, support cases, and opportunities directly from the emails, all of which are automatically shared with ERP
- Sales managers receive a 360-degree view into the customer lifecycle and the sales process along with improved analytics and ability to detect trends (and more), all in real-time
With these benefits, one may wonder what there is to improve, but we believe the best technology can always get better.
- Does your business need a new ERP?
- Looking to replace QuickBooks?
- Contact us at 877-4-ROCKTON or email us at email@example.com so we can learn more about your business goals and needs.
- Explore Acumatica for distribution with our advanced tools for pricing management and rebate management.
By: Rockton Connect, www.rocktonconnect.com, Colorado and North Dakota based Acumatica Partner.